About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Quilts/ design/ home & Denim :)


My house is predominately decorated with quilts, quilts that are finished, quilts that are used, quilts that are being made, quilt block fragments that are being nutted out & designs finalised.... the list goes forever.

I'm very passionate about using fabric to add colour and life to my home.



In writing my blog and showing my quilts I'm 

trying to show that fabric design & patchwork

 quilts are an integral part of contemporary

 furnishings & house design.






The individuality of each piece also adds to its appeal.

Talking of making and designing with fabric,

I had a great visit to CLOTH last week. 

I made this denim quilt a while back as a prototype - I was looking at using Denim in quilting. I'm only just finishing it off and adding the binding. 

Its a big one - largish double bed size.




It would be lovely for a autumn/ winter look.

I'm a big fan of changing bed covers and throws to match the season - Its an easy way to change the look of a room.












below are some other quilts I made using CLOTH fabric.



Well best be off!

I'm busy working on a few design deadlines that need to be done by Easter!

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...